Business Change Enablement for Analytics Adoption
You’ve spent months building a dashboard that will enable better decision-making and drive value for the business. But while your new dashboard is a powerful tool, your end users need the support to ensure adoption and unlock the dashboard’s full value.
Questions to Ask When Considering Business Change Enablement for Analytics Adoption
- Do you have a plan to onboard your end users?
- Have you defined monitoring, accountability, and ownership responsibilities that will ensure adoption is sustained?
- Have you recruited sponsors with authority from the end-user business units to deliver communications related to core use cases?
Having designed, developed, and deployed dashboards across industries and digital ecosystems, we’ve seen best and worst practices related to launching dashboards.
Business Change Enablement That Works
A right-sized combination of end user communications, training, and influence. What does that entail?
- Ensure that the right influencers are recruited to define metrics and rewards, deliver communications, and promote the dashboard’s long-term adoption
- Drive clarity with communications around how the dashboard will change current practices, as well as what will remain unchanged
- Ensure a blend of crawl-walk-run training is designed and delivered to ensure end users have the resources they need to drive value with the dashboard
... And What Doesn't Work
- Assuming that the merits of the dashboard alone will drive organic, sustained behavior change
- “Launch and leave” falls in this category: a formal “launch” rarely achieves results unless paired with sustainment support and monitoring
- Training alone is usually insufficient to drive long-term adoption
- Recruiting a few “super users” is more likely to splinter team operations than build past a tipping point
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH ATRIUM
Business changes. That doesn’t mean your end users are comfortable with it. Some level of resistance is to be expected, and an effective business change enablement plan for analytics adoption will ensure that: resistance is anticipated, incentives and rewards are planned, accountability is clear, and success is not left to “organic” end user interest.
Your investment and your team’s effort both deserve a solid launch and long-term business value impact. We help you land the last mile of your ROI roadmap by developing a tactical plan to enable and sustain end user adoption.